Sunday, March 13, 2011

a small but needed reminder...

"the lord has promised good to me.
his word my hope secures.
he will my shield and portion be.
as long as life endures."

i sang these words this weekend at a conference and they stuck out to me like never before. i wrestle with anxiety all the time. it is something that I have to proactively fight against or it beats me. i have learned that the best way to fight it is to remind myself of god's promises and truth.

i am excited about how fast all of this foster care license process is moving. but i'd be lying if i said that anxiety about the whole situation wasn't looming in the back of my mind. there are still so many unknowns and so many questions and i think about them all the time.

as we sang this verse of amazing grace this weekend it was as if the lord was speaking right to me. reminding me that he has called me to this and he has promised good (not ease or comfort, but good) and his word reminds me that my hope is secure. he will be my protection, my leader, and all that i need as long as my life endures. i will need this reminder again and again as this process continues. please pray for me and feel free to remind me with truth often.

"he who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:24

No comments: