Tuesday, March 16, 2010

[valley of vision] the personal touch...

the personal touch
from valley of vision

thou great I AM,
i acknowledge and confess that all things
come of thee -
life, breath, happiness, advancement,
sight, touch, hearing,
goodness, truth, beauty -
all that makes existence amiable.
in the spiritual world also i am dependent
  entirely upon thee.
give me grace to know more of my need of grace;
show me my sinfulness that i may wilingly
  confess it;
reveal to me my weakness that i may know
  my strength in thee.
i thank thee for any sign of penitence;
  give me more of it;
my sins are black and deep,
  and rise from a stony, proud, self-righteous heart;
help me to confess them with mourning, regret,
  self-loathing,
  with no pretence to merit or excuse;
i need healing,
good physician, here is scope for thee,
  come and manifest thy power;
i need faith;
thou who hast given it me, maintain, strengthen, increase it,
centre it upon the saviour's work,
  upon the majesty of the father,
  upon the operations of the spirit;
work it in my now that i may never doubt thee
  as the truthful, mighty, faithful God.
then i can bring my heart to thee
  full of love, gratitude, hope, joy.
may i lay at they feet these fruits grown
  in thy garden,
  love thee with a passion that can never cool,
  believe in thee with a confidence that never
    staggers,
  hope in thee with an expectation that can never
    be dim,
  delight in thee with a rejoicing that can never
    be stifled,
  glorify thee with the highest of my powers,
    burning, blazing, glowing, radiating, as from
    thy own glory.

No comments: