Tuesday, June 8, 2010

quick visits from dear friends...


2 weeks ago (i am so behind in blogging - you should see all my drafts that i have started), two of my dear friends, we will go ahead call them sisters, that live across the ocean came into town for a little visit. i was blessed to be able to steal a couple of hours each with them! ashley (pictured above in a photo we took while she was here) and robin (pictured below in a picture from my trip last year to the DR because we forgot to take a picture last week) both work for makarios (an organization you know i love!). i am blessed to know both of these women.  paul's words in romans 1:8-12 sum up how i feel about them:
"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I mention you  always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you. For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you - that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine."

No comments: