Sunday, September 5, 2010

the cattle on a thousand hills...

The earth is the LORD's and the fullness thereof,
the world and those who dwell therein.
(Psalm 24:1 ESV)

For every beast of the forest is mine, 
the cattle on a thousand hills.
I know all the birds of the hills,
and all that moves in the field is mine.
(Psalm 50:10-11 ESV)

so i am carless.  after i sold lafonda, i had two cars lined up to borrow so i was set for a little bit.  the last car i was borrowing belonged to a friend of mine who was on a mission trip in the dominican republic.  she was returning saturday night and i was going to give her her car back at church on sunday.  i drove to church not sure how i was going to get home.  i was actually trying to figure out what i was going to when a parent and volunteer in kidstuff walked up to me and asked how i was doing.  he and his family had been out of town for quite some time and he wanted to catch up.  i told him about my car situation.  he then said, "well we have a third car that you can use indefinitely until you decide what you are going to do. after church, let's go by the house and you can pick up the car." i was floored!  WHAT?!?!?  the lord provided again! and just in time not a moment too soon and never leaving me wanting.  so i am scooting around in a honda fit these days and it is a constant reminder to me of the lord's provision.

during this time, i read the verses listed above and was reminded that the lord controls everything and that everything is his and he controls it all.  he is always able to provide what i need. i do not have to stress or worry about tomorrow.  he is already working and already has a plan.  i for sure could not have predicted that this is how it would have happened. i could not see any solution to my problem, but the lord already knew it.  he just wanted me to trust him.

and now, i can say that my trust and faith in him has grown immensely!  i feel like it is at an entirely different level.  i still have lots to learn and the anxiety in my life shows that i still do not trust him fully, but this experience has made me fall more and more in love with him.

i am probably going to need you guys to remind me of this provision again especially as adoption stuff draws closer.  remind me that my god owns the cattle on a thousand hills and will provide exactly what i need!

No comments: