Wednesday, September 29, 2010

rambo mom...

so i got this email from my mom this morning. if you know my parents at all then you are going to laugh at out loud at this! before you read the email there might be a few details you need to know.

  • whenever i adopt, i fully plan on having my kid call my mom grambo.  why? because of things like this story.  my mom is the sweetest, most compassionate woman, that is until you mess with one of her kids.  in fact she even says, "hell hath no fury like a mama when you mess with her children." plus gayla has some spunk to her too (where did you think i got it from?) so rather than just calling her something plain like grandma, she will be called grambo! hence the rambo references in the email...
  • dolly is my parents 8 pound miniature dachshund.  she is cute as can be and is treated like a child, no i may say better than a child, at least better than jon or i. perhaps an exaggeration, but hey, i never got to go to day camp twice a week. i am not jealous or anything, even though she has taken over my nicknames (princess and angel).
enjoy this email! and by the way, my mom knows i posted this on here...
Becca,

So I must confess to being Rambo mama last night.  We have cats in our neighborhood that actually stalk Dolly.  They are mean.  We have to run them off.  Anyway last night she was outside in her yard minding her own business when all of a sudden she began to bark horribly.  I went to the back door and her little hiney was backed up to the door and she was terrified.  I brought her in knowing it was those stupid cats.  Dad said "oh no, we are gonna go get them."  So he and Dolly went out armed with a cup of water.  I heard Dolly go crazy so I went out and they had treed the cats.  Dad had thrown water at them and then threw the cup to me and said get more.  Well at that point I snapped.  Seriously.  I ran, got the water hose and attached the sprayer nozzle I use to power wash the patio (all in my jammies) and I went after those cats.  I mean I was all over that yard spraying them down like a crazy woman.  I showed no mercy.  I hit them pretty hard.  I was so pumped it took hours to calm down.  You know you just don't mess with my babies.  I was ready for the shotgun.  Dad was laughing at me.  So...poor Dolly was so scared this morning that she would not even get off the patio.  I had to go out with her this morning.  I think I was ready for another fight.  Lucky those stupid cats were not out there.  In fact as I am writing this my heart is racing. 

Well, guess I best get back to work. 

Love you my sweet girl!

Mom ( aka Rambo)

3 comments:

danielle said...

oh my goodness. i just laughed out loud. hard. at work. thats funny!

Anonymous said...

And Grambo will fearlessly protect that little one God brings into our family! No worries on that! Rambo (for now)

Whitney said...

I love Miss Gayla! That is hilarious!