Monday, July 13, 2009

focusing on the cross...



so lately as the lord has been healing me, he continues to reveal to me that the gospel is just as much for me today as it was when i became a believer 20 plus years ago. in fact, i realize my need for it more now than ever. if i am not reminding myself of the gospel, the good news, then my life quickly spirals out of control. either with pride and arrogance or despair and despondency. i have been reading a reason (a chapter) from this book each day and meditating on it. it has been so helpful to spend time literally dwelling at the foot of the cross each day. i highly recommend it!

1 comment:

mgoff said...

Think I might check this one out. Thanks for the recommendation. I miss you friend. I want to hear all about the trip, and of course will we be seeing eachother in September???